Please carefully read these policies and ask questions prior to booking!
I strongly recommend you schedule an appointment with your veterinarian if you have not had one since the onset of any problematic behaviors. It is very important that medical causes of behavior problems are ruled out and I cannot make a medical diagnosis.
1) Look over our services and decide what may be appropriate for your cat. If you are unsure, a free 15 minute initial consultation may be a good place to start!
2) Contact me using the new client form, phone, text, or by e-mailing me at [email protected] Please include information on what exactly you are looking for help with. I will reply back if I need more information to screen to make sure your problem is something I can help with. If your situations sounds like it may benefit from something beyond what I can offer (such as a referral to a veterinary behaviorist), I will let you know and guide you in the right direction! Otherwise, I'll help you pick out a package that makes the most sense.
3) Once screening is done, I will send you information on completeing some paperwork to get more background information, a client contract to sign, how to book your appointment, and how to pay your deposit to hold the appointment time. YOUR APPOINTMENT IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOUR DEPOSIT IS PAID AND A SIGNED CONTRACT IS RECEIVED. If your deposit and contract are not received 24 hours prior to your appointment, your appointment may be canceled.
4) I may ask for you to provide additional information or do “homework” prior to our appointment such as taking pictures of your space, creating a diagram of your cat’s living space, or taking notes prior to meeting. Feel free to send pictures of your cat even if not asked because I am NEVER upset to get cat pictures! We will meet at your appointment time and go over your cat’s history and lifestyle, your home and living situation, and anything else relevant to your appointment. We will then discuss what seems like it may be going on and come up with an initial plan for your cat. I will demonstrate and/or teach you any of the more complex parts of the plan so you feel confident knowing what to do. You will be given plenty of time to ask any questions!
5) At the end of our appointment, I will collect payment for the rest of your balance. Payment for packages is due at the end of the intake appointment. Any applicable follow up appointments will be scheduled at this time.
6) If your package includes follow up sessions or you decide to purchase additional phone consultations, we will discuss scheduling.
7) I will take time to complete your copy of the behavior modification plan and get it to you via e-mail! This usually will be sent to you within 24 hours.
By booking services, you agree to the following terms.
A 50% deposit is required to reserve your appointment and is non-refundable. Your appointment is not confirmed until the deposit is received. CAC reserves the right to cancel your appointment or offer the appointment time to other clients if the deposit is not paid. If your deposit is not paid by the time of your appointment, the full fee for the appointment will be collected at the BEGINNING of the appointment.
Most of the time, virtual consultations are viable options for consultations. However, there may be reasons where it makes sense for me to come by your home for a consultation (or you may just prefer an in-home consultation!). This often involves extra time and travel expenses so an additional fee of $25 will be charged. If you are outside my service area, an additional fee may be charged to account for the additional travel time and expense. Travel fees are due at booking (along with deposit) and are non-refundable.
Current service areas are available on Class Act Cats' services page.
Rescheduling or canceling appointments can prevent others who may need services from being able to book an appointment so please check your schedule ahead of time. You will be allowed to reschedule your appointment if notified more than 5 days in advance. 5 days or less but more than 48 hours ahead of time can be rescheduled ONE TIME for a $25 fee. Your rescheduled appointment is not considered booked until this fee is paid. Less than 48 hour ahead cancelation may result in forfeiting of your deposit and requiring a new deposit to reschedule. Please check your schedule carefully before booking! Exceptions to this policy may be made, at CAC’s discretion, in cases of extreme weather or public health emergencies.
CAC reserves the right to limit further rescheduling or requiring an additional deposit (up to the full cost of service) in cases of repeated reschedules. The additional deposit is also non-refundable. In extreme cases, CAC may reserve the right to refuse further reschedules. Deposits will not be refunded in these cases.
Not showing up for appointments without canceling ahead of time may result in forfeiting of your deposit, requiring full payment to schedule future appointments, and/or CAC refusing further services. It is always better to contact us to cancel your appointment than just not showing up.
When dealing with animals, responses to any intervention are unpredictable and depend on many factors. CAC cannot guarantee the success of any intervention and no refunds will be given for unsuccessful interventions. If CAC does not feel we can effectively address your problem, you may be recommended to seek services elsewhere.